Saturday, October 25, 2008

At Henry's Farm




Well, as I was saying at the end of the last post, I went with with my friend Linda to her old friend Henry's farm to get our hay for the winter. Much to our delight (since we got our 2nd cutting) the hay was only $4.00 a bale!! This is just good ol' coastal hay, but I have seen it go up to $10+ a bale when we don't get rain. Anyway, I thought the trip to Henry's farm deserved a little more attention because he and his wife are older and really so sweet. They raise miniature horses and my son got camera crazy. The cutest were the baby minis. Another neat thing Henry has at his farm is a tame deer that he and his wife have raised named Bitzy. They rescued her as a baby when her mama was killed and she thinks they are her parents. Miles loved her! Henry said she normally doesn't like kids, but she went right up to Miles and then followed him around! Or maybe it was vice versa! :) I just had the best time at this farm, I love it when I am able to go meet new people who are doing interesting things. I have had a hard time adapting to Texas being from the East coast, but there are some really fascinating things to see and do here and I am finally enjoying myself. BUT, I still don't know if I will ever own a Western saddle! Not that I am opposed to one, but I am so comfy in my new Australian saddle and my Bates English standby that I simply can't justify one more saddle! Hee haw y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! I am always happy to hear from all of you in the form of advice, encouragement or questions!
~Slainte' Mhath!